The City of Cottage Grove communicates with residents, businesses, and media through a variety of methods, including the Cottage Grove Reports newsletter, the website, social media, news release, video, and the South Washington County Telecommunications Commission (SWCTC) government access channels 16 and 18.
- Cottage Grove Reports | The City's monthly residential newsletter is published and mailed to Cottage Grove residents with their monthly water bill and also available for online reading.
- Council Action Summaries - After every City Council meeting, a list of the council actions is posted on the website within two days of the meeting.
- Social media including Facebook and Twitter and Instagram
- Video programs broadcasted by South Washington County Telecommunications Commission (SWCTC) on Channel 16 and 18.
- YouTube | The city works in partnership with SWCTC to produce a variety of videos designed to keep residents up-to-date on council actions, new programs, city happenings, and a variety of other topics, including the award-winning City Faces and My Cottage Grove video series.
- Website postings with articles,calendar events and news updates