Show us your best shot! From people and places to celebrations and locations, you are invited to capture the best of Cottage Grove and submit your pictures in the photo contest.
- Photos must be taken within Cottage Grove city limits
- Photo entries containing recognizable people at non-public events must be accompanied by a signed release form. For electronic submissions, have your signed model release form ready as a TIF, JPG or PDF file when you upload with your submission. Download model release form (PDF)
- One entry per category per photographer
- Categories include celebrations and events, nature, people, parks and trails, streetscapes and city landmarks, youth (for photographers age 15 and younger)
- Previously entered photos will not be judged
- Submitted entries must be photographer's work
- Minor digital enhancements allowed, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will not be judged.
- Entries may be digital or color or black-and-white prints
- Digital photographs should be submitted in a TIF or JPG format (high quality)
- Print photographs should be at least 5” by 7”
- Winners will be announced at a City Council meeting in February 2018
- Winning photographer in each category will receive $50 and certificate from the City Council
- Winning photos will be featured in the various city publications, on the city’s website and social media accounts
How to enter
- Submit photographs by 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 29, 2017
- Submit a separate online entry or mail-in/drop-off entry form for each photo submitted
- Mail or deliver in person to City of Cottage Grove, Photo Contest, 12800 Ravine Parkway S., Cottage Grove, MN 55016.
- Submissions become the property of the City of Cottage Grove and will not be returned
- Streetscapes/City Landmarks
- Youth (ages 15 and younger)